Improving executive functioning allows children to participate in learning at the same level as their peers. Our experience working with students who have learning difficulties and disabilities ensures that we can make appropriate adjustments to support learning as required. Sessions are also attended by a psychologist to assist with executive functioning, anxiety and behavioural challenges.
Emphasis will be placed on how executive functions are involved in reading, writing and math skill acquisition and the productive application of these skills.
Stimulating and interactive Literacy and Numeracy activities have been planned for the session to engage your child in a fun-filled session working on key concepts and supporting their executive functioning development.
The program focuses on
- Phonemic Awareness
- Systematic Synthetic Phonics (SSP)
- Oral language and presentation skills
- Recognising, reading and interpreting numbers
- Identifying the relationship between single items and groups
- Demonstrating an understanding of quantities and making number comparisons
- Understanding the numerical significance of place value
- Displaying mathematical symbols and related vocabulary
- Developing strategies to make predictions about and evaluate answers
- Visualising and talking comfortably about numbers
- Starting tasks and staying focused on them to completion
- Organising, planning and prioritising and
- Paying attention