The Learning Project Preschool
How well a child is prepared for the start of schooling life can impact significantly on long term outcomes. The Learning Project Preschool is an exciting new initiative by On Track Therapy Group, designed to prepare children aged 4 – 6 years old for a positive start to school.
This effective therapy-learning paradigm ensures that children with additional social, emotional and learning needs are provided with the readiness and skills they require to continue learning, as they prepare for school and receive therapy in the one setting.
Which Children Can Benefit Most From The Learning Project?
The Learning Project is aimed at, but not limited to, children requiring further support with their speech and language, emotional, social, educational, physical and behavioral needs in the year before starting school. The Project can also benefit children who require a second year of 4 year old kinder. The program is open to children ages 4-6 years old, who are in the year before kinder entry, the year of kinder entry or the first year of school entry.
How The Learning Project Helps
The Project is structured to ensure participation of all children in both larger and small group settings in a nurturing and supportive environment. Programs are developed using the combined expertise of highly experienced educators and industry leading allied health professionals (including speech pathologists, occupational therapists and psychologists) and are focused on helping children develop the following skills:
Speech and Language Skills
- pre literacy skills such as rhyming, sound and letter recognition, syllables, word segmentation and concepts of print
- inferencing and comprehension
- understanding and recognizing emotions in themselves and others
- practicing and building skills and strategies of self regulation, resilience and flexibility to be applied to real world situations
- turn taking and sharing
- entering and sustaining play in an appropriate manner
- learning ways to form and sustain relationships
- developing skills in negotiation, conflict resolution and assertiveness
- learning and practicing effective problem solving abilities
- a holistic approach to each child’s individual learning style and needs
- skills required to be ready for learning, including; understanding group rules, coping with transitions, concentration and attention
- honoring each child’s strengths and creating positive and realistic individual goals
- gaining insight into expected and unexpected behaviours and their impact on self and others
- parent coaching/support to facilitate the process
- constant review and monitoring of individual learning/developmental goals
- gross and fine motor skills development through modeling, repetition and scaffolding
- games based learning in complex and simple environments
Contact us on 9833 1120 or firstname.lastname@example.org to discover how your child can benefit from The Learning Project.